Export to excel Formatting Problem

• Good morning all,

I have some problems when i export my report to excel, the values are converted to text. I have several reports that i explicitly cast the values to CInt or Cdec and this works fine. But now i have a problem with some reports and they occur with the following kind of expression:

Expression:

“=IIF((sum(Fields!Something.Value)+ sum(Fields!SomethingElse.Value)) = 0 , “-”,(sum(Fields!Something.Value)+sum(Fields!SomethingElse.Value)) )”

The value is constantly converted to Text. The following options don’t work:

- converting the last part to the CInt()

- Giving the format of the textbox C0 or N0

When i replace the “-” with “0″ it works fine but i really need the “-” to be placed in the textbox.

So if anyone have an idea please let me know

Thanks in advance

• How about trying a formating for that particular field

In the properties for that field, in the formatting tab try using this as:

£#,##0.00;-£#,##0.00;-

the last dash represents the zero , and when I export the data to excel this remains a zero, but is masked with the -

• If you are able to format the Excel document before hand that would be an advantage, but if this does not work or you are not able to then try this:

One of our developers had a work-around, not pretty but it worked, he placed a ' (single text quote) in front of the value being placed into the cell.

This ensured that the value being placed into the cell forced the field to be a text field - you do not see the ' on the sheet - but it is actually there.

This may work for you after you have tried all other options

Let us know

Thanks

Kevin

• Hey all,

The solution to the problem is:

In the properties for that field, in the formatting tab use the following format: ##0;-##0;-

Besides that you also need to explicitly cast the data to an CInt like:

= CInt (

IIF(

SUM(something) + SUM(Somethingelse) IS NOTHING,

SUM(something) + SUM(Somethingelse)

)

)

Thanks for the replys on the answer and providing the part of the solution.

Greetings Niels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply