Executing a stored procedure version

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Executing a stored procedure version

• Nice question to end the week on, thanks Steve

• Odd feeling of Deja Vu on this one! Nice and simple to end the week, thanks Steve.

• This one is similar to others. Easy if you read a bit about this before

• If this is being deprecated, what’s the replacement for this functionality? Or is it one of those “nobody uses it so why keep it” situations?

• Ken Hiatt - Friday, February 22, 2019 12:29 PM

If this is being deprecated, what’s the replacement for this functionality? Or is it one of those “nobody uses it so why keep it†situations?

I used to use it all the time with my data warehouse ETL.  I found it very helpful to group stored procs as different steps of the same processes using this.  The first stored procedure would call all the ;x procedures in turn.  Instead of having 7 or whatever number of stored procedures in the stored proc list, there would only be one.  With the announcement that is became deprecated, I had to stop using it and plan for the future.

• only learnt about this feature due to the last question about this so was easy enough 🙂

Ta

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The more you know, the more you know that you dont know

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply