Errors when opening/creating maintenance plans

• I am remoted into the server using SSMS.

When I try to open an existing maintenance plan I get this error:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is unable to load this document. The LoadFromSQLServer method has encountered an OLE DB error code 0x80004005 (Client unable to establish connection). The SQL statement that was issued has failed.

When I try to create a new maintenance plan by right-clicking, New Maintenance Plan...:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An OLE DB error 0x80004005 (Client unable to establish connection) occurred while enumerating packages. A SQL statement was issued and failed.

When I try to create a new maintenance plan using the wizard:

I go through all the screens and it succeeds on all the tasks except the last one: Saving Maintenance Plan

The error is:

Saving maintenance plan failed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The SaveToSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB error code 0x80004005 (Client unable to establish connection). The SQL statement that was issued has failed.

If I connect to this instance from my test machine, I can do all the above with no errors.

There are 5 instances on this machine and this is the only one experiencing issues.

Windows Server 2003 R2 Exterprise x64 Edition

SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3159.00 Enterprise Edition(X64) (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Any ideas?? I've searched and have only found 1 possible solution, a bug with the value of the network package being set past a certain level, but my setting is way below this number.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Please am also facing same issue it will be great help if u give good feed back.

• I had this issue in the past. Not sure if the error was exact but everything else is.

My solution unfortunately was to uninstall SQL Management Studio and reinstall it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply