Error when exporting Excel file

• I am trying to export an Excel file and I get this error:

How do I resolve this?  I think this is related to MS Access but I'm exporting to an Excel file (I'm specifying Excel in the Destination field).

• Try installing the component - 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components

https://download.cnet.com/2007-Office-System-Driver-Data-Connectivity-Components/3000-10254_4-75452798.html

--This download will install a set of components that facilitate the transfer of data between existing Microsoft Office files such as Microsoft Office Access 2007 (*.mdb and .accdb) files and Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (.xls, *.xlsx, and *.xlsb) files to other data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server.

• Thank you for the link, but I have Windows 10 and that is not listed in the compatible operating systems.  Any ideas?

• Yeah I went through this with SSIS/SSDT.

That error refers to the "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" I think. You can download that from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=13255

There are different versions of this thing for different versions of Microsoft Office (one for 2007, 2010, 2016, etc)...if this isn't the one you need then you might Google for that specific error message to find the correct version, should find plenty of links to other versions.

Also, depending on how you're exporting, there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the thing...if you're exporting from SSIS for instance, you need to make sure you get the version with the correct "bitness", and installing the 32-bit version when you have 64-bit Office installed is a serious pain as the two don't like to be installed "side by side" (but it can be done). So, if you have Office on your machine, try installing the version of the driver that mirrors the bitness of your Microsoft Office installation (if you have Office installed -- if not or you don't know maybe start with the 32-bit version, if that doesn't work uninstall it and try the 64-bit version. The install will complain if you try to install a version that doesn't match the bitness of your Office install).

• dmbaker wrote:

Yeah I went through this with SSIS/SSDT. That error refers to the "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" I think. You can download that from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=13255 There are different versions of this thing for different versions of Microsoft Office (one for 2007, 2010, 2016, etc)...if this isn't the one you need then you might Google for that specific error message to find the correct version, should find plenty of links to other versions. Also, depending on how you're exporting, there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the thing...if you're exporting from SSIS for instance, you need to make sure you get the version with the correct "bitness", and installing the 32-bit version when you have 64-bit Office installed is a serious pain as the two don't like to be installed "side by side" (but it can be done). So, if you have Office on your machine, try installing the version of the driver that mirrors the bitness of your Microsoft Office installation (if you have Office installed -- if not or you don't know maybe start with the 32-bit version, if that doesn't work uninstall it and try the 64-bit version. The install will complain if you try to install a version that doesn't match the bitness of your Office install).

I tried your suggestion.  This time I tried selecting Excel 2016 and I got the same message except this time it read OLEDB.16.0 instead OLEDB.12.0.

• I sent you a private message earlier, wasn't able to reply in forum due to getting an error.

What exactly did you try and what are you using (what tool/app) to do the actual export? Did you actually install the drivers I linked to, or did you just try to pick a different export format? That was not what I was suggesting but it was a good thing to try as you may have had those drivers already installed (though apparently you don't). The new error you got is the same problem, you don't appear to have that version of the ACE drivers installed, or the bitness of the installed drivers does not match the tool you're using to export -- if the app you're using to export is a 32-bit app it'll try to use the 32-bit ACE drivers, if 64-bit, it'll try to use those, and if the right version + bitness that your app expects isn't there, it'll error.

If you didn't install any ACE drivers then you need to do that first, before anything else. Stick with one version of the ACE drivers to start with (start with the one I linked, for 2010 -- you don't have to have Office 2010 to install and use the ACE driver of that version) and try both bitness versions. First install the 32-bit version first then try exporting to Excel 2010. If that doesn't work, uninstall the 32-bit drivers and install the 64-bit then try exporting to Excel 2010 again.

I hate how this is so finicky, but you really need to make sure that you've got the right drivers installed (and the right bitness depending on the app you're exporting from -- SSMS is 32-bit, I think). If you've got the drivers installed (and you've tried both 32-bit and 64-bit) and it still won't work then I don't have any more ideas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply