error: user does not have access to the SSAS database

• Hi,

I've just created a new cube in BIDS and noticed when I open the cube and try to navigate to the "Browser" tab, it displays this message:

"Either the user, DOMAIN\username, does not have access to the SSAS database, or the database does not exist."

Sounds like a permissions problem but I have looked at permissions and that user is a sysadmin on the database server. If I look at properties of the SSAS instance, on the Security Tab, the user account is listed there.

Any thoughts?

Dave Coats

• I solved my own problem....sometimes that's the best way.

I realized I had not completed a build/deploy/process on the cube because it was a brand new one. It was saying the database did not exist because it had not been built yet (originally I thought it was referring to my OLAP database). Anyway, just open the cube in BIDS, click the process icon (on menu ribbon...first on left) and process the cube. It will ask you if you want to perform a build/deploy and choose yes.

VERY IMPORTANT: Once its done, you'll have to close the solution and reopen it. Then you should be able to open the cube, go to the "Browser tab" and browse the cube.

Hope this helps!

Dave Coats

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply