Error running simple SSIS package

• I have a simple package that loads a small staging table from a CSV file.

I create the table (succeeds), truncate it, then reload it via OLE DB.  It fails on truncate table SQL task.

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Failed to acquire connection "WIN-3SVP8BUQIEM_SQL_2016.AdventureWorksDW.sa". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.

I am using an OLE DB connection.  In the connection manager, the 'Test Connectuion'  succeeds, so I am not sure why it is having an issue connecting when executing the package.

I am running the package from inside Visual Studio 2017 on a windows 7 host.  The database server is a named instance residing on a VMware VM running windows server 2012 r2.   I can connect to the database from SSMS from my win 7 host no problem.  The firewall is disabled.  Distributed Transaction Coordinator services are enabled on both host and VM.

Any ideas as to what I can do to troubleshoot this.  TIA, Jason

Microsoft Certified Professional: MCSE Data Management and Analytics

• Actually I saw there is another error before this (but I didn't see it because it was listed near the bottom of the log).

Error: The SSIS Runtime has failed to enlist the OLE DB connection in a distributed transaction with error 0x8004D025 "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.".

And the below post resolved the issue... sorry

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/the-partner-transaction-manager-has-disabled-its-support-for-remotenetwork-transactions

Microsoft Certified Professional: MCSE Data Management and Analytics

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply