Error from ssis package.

• Elliott W (2/26/2010)

I went back to the original error:

"Cannot get a row from the provider OLE DB "BULK" from the connected server "(null)".".

This is indicative of the provider having trouble getting rows from the source. It is not indicitave of a problem on the destination side. I wonder if something is happening at the source to block the data..

In your OLEDB source do you have a query or did you refer to the table?

CEWII

it refers to a view in the oracle db.

• I read that as you having picked the view out of the list. If so, replace it with a SELECT * FROM dbo.ViewName. I think you will find less issues.

CEWII

• Elliott W (2/26/2010)

I read that as you having picked the view out of the list. If so, replace it with a SELECT * FROM dbo.ViewName. I think you will find less issues.

CEWII

I'll try, but why you think this is better?

• I can't find the article right now, but it changes the access method and cursors, locking, etc when getting the data. To the point that as a rule, I NEVER select a table/view from the list. I ALWAYS use a select statement. For me there are very few hard and fast rules, but this is one of them. If I find the article I'll post the link.

CEWII

• i understand.

Thank you.

• Hello,

i have again the errors.:crying:

I have tried to execute the package in debug mode and i see that it takes a long time to download the data from the oracle server. It download 770 rows every 20 seconds.

I dont know why it is so slow.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply