Error: ForEach Variable Mapping number 0 to variable "ᶈ珈" cannot be applied

• Hi All,

I am getting strange error mentioned below while executing my package.

Error: ForEach Variable Mapping number 0 to variable "ᶈ珈" cannot be applied

I am using SSIS 2012.

I have an Execute SQL Task which is executing a query and result (only one column from a table) is stored in a object data type variable.

Later I am using a for each loop container where I am using the same variable in collection.In variable mapping i have provided another variable with data type Int32 which is used in DFT inside for each loop container.

But while executing I am getting above error.

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• rhythmk (4/6/2015)

Hi All,

Error: ForEach Variable Mapping number 0 to variable "??" cannot be applied

I am using SSIS 2012.

I have an Execute SQL Task which is executing a query and result (only one column from a table) is stored in a object data type variable.

Later I am using a for each loop container where I am using the same variable in collection.In variable mapping i have provided another variable with data type Int32 which is used in DFT inside for each loop container.

Quick thought, this looks like an integer value being read as unicode, look into the object enumeration and check the column name etc..

😎

BTW is 51315 the value you were expecting?

• Eirikur Eiriksson (4/6/2015)

rhythmk (4/6/2015)

Hi All,

I am using SSIS 2012.

Quick thought, this looks like an integer value being read as unicode, look into the object enumeration and check the column name etc..

😎

what do you mean from object enumeration and where can i check that.

No I am expecting integer values like 8,14 etc.

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• rhythmk (4/6/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (4/6/2015)

rhythmk (4/6/2015)

Hi All,

I am using SSIS 2012.

😎

what do you mean from object enumeration and where can i check that.

No I am expecting integer values like 8,14 etc.

Unfortunately I don't have SSDT available at the moment but it looks to me that the value you are getting there is either a pointer to an object variable or the full content, not the value of one row. Make certain that you are iterating/enumerating through the content of an object variable, not passing the object variable to an integer/numeric type variable.

😎

• convert the datatype in the Execute Sql Task to match enumerator type. See the below statement

SELECT CAST(<columname> AS INT)

FROM <talename>

• I faced a similar issue and your solution worked...thanks!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply