error code 0xc020902a in ssis

• [Derived Column [1]] Error: The "component "Derived Column" (1)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "input column "ename" (1170)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: The ProcessInput method on component "Derived Column" (1) failed with error code 0xC020902A. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC020902A.

above written lines were appearing when i tried to do concatenation of a column with the option of replace existing column

ename is column name

derived column name derived column Expression

ename Replace ename UPPER(SUBSTRING(ename,1,3)) + ename + "a"

whenever i put ename ' here middle in above expression' it creates problems expresssion without it is going well

plz if any who can resolve the problem

plzzzzzzzzzz

help me regarding this

rahul

DW developer

• We don't need all of the "z"'s, "please" is fine.

As for your problem, you are concatenating a string to it self.

UPPER(SUBSTRING(ename,1,3)) + ename + "a"

The length of ename plus any additional characters will be longer than ename.

So, if you are replacing the ename column, you need to make sure the column length is longer than the ename variable plus any strings your are concatenating to it.

Keep in mind that trailing spaces may be a problem as well.

So, I would use something like this:

LEFT(UPPER(SUBSTRING(ename,1,3)) + RTRIM(ename) + "a",12)

12 being the length of the ename field.

This will ensure that if you created a string that was too long, it will be cut off to fit in the field.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply