Error after migrating SSISDB to a newer version of SQL server.

• I tried to move SSIS database catalog on SQL server 2014 to a new server SQL 2017.

I created the catalog first on new server, and then restored the database SSISDB from old server to new server.

And restored the master key.

Then I run the following stored procedure and got an error:

Use SSISDB

go

EXECUTE   [catalog].[check_schema_version]

@use32bitruntime=1

Msg 10314, Level 16, State 11, Procedure catalog.check_schema_version, Line 117 [Batch Start Line 2]

An error occurred in the Microsoft .NET Framework while trying to load assembly id 65536. The server may be running out of resources, or the assembly may not be trusted. Run the query again, or check documentation to see how to solve the assembly trust issues. For more information about this error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)

System.IO.FileLoadException:

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

If I use  parameter @use32bitruntime=0, it is also the same error.

It seems it tried to find 2014 version of  assembly. But my new server is newer version of 2017,

Basically I follow the instruction on this page:

https://blog.pythian.com/how-to-restore-ssisdb-to-another-server-and-migrate-the-ssis-catalog/

Now what I should do to fix this error?

Thanks much!

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• @sqlfriend - did you every figure this one out?

• I know this is an old question, but in case it's useful to someone else, I found the following resolved this error:

Create Login ##MS_SQLEnableSystemAssemblyLoadingUser## FROM Asymmetric Key MS_SQLEnableSystemAssemblyLoadingKey   
    Grant Unsafe Assembly to ##MS_SQLEnableSystemAssemblyLoadingUser##

Which came from the Microsoft documentation: SSIS Catalog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply