error 440 : trying to find diff between Prod & Dev

• The develpers have the following error when using any NFG% tables. The code works in production but not in development. I do not know where to look to compare differences. I have checked constraints/code/structures/dependencies.

Any ideas where to look next?

ERROR:

#: -2147217911 (80040e09)

MSDN description

Automation error (Error 440)

When you accessAutomation objects, specific types of errors can occur. This error has the following cause and solution:

An error occurred while executing amethod or getting or setting aproperty of anobject variable. The error was reported by the application that created the object.

Check the properties of the Err object to determine the source and nature of the error. Also try using the On Error Resume Next statement immediately before the accessing statement, and then check for errors immediately following the accessing statement.

Code Statment that causes error:

Set rsDailyVol = New ADODB.Recordset

rsDailyVol.CursorLocation = adUseClient

rsDailyVol.Open "nfg_daily_wacc", cnnDB, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

It works fine for other tables, just not ones that start with NFG*. This app/db was dumped on IS after vendor went out of business.

Thanks

Joe

• Syntax looks ok, though opening a recordset based on a table has to be one of my top 10 or so pet peeves. At least do a select * from table! Also they are specifying dynamic, but with a client side cursor its always static regardless of the setting. Have you tried what the text from MSDN said, looping through the errors collection to see what you can find? Constraints whould not matter to open a table. Could be permissions/ownership. Are the tables owned by dbo? Check permissions and the login used for access.

Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply