Error 208: Invalid object name ''msdb.dbo.MSdistpublishers''

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• starsthescqw - Monday, January 25, 2010 11:55 AM

Kumaran Govender (10/29/2008)

Hi Guys,I know that is is an old topic, but the net does not seem to come up with an easy solution. After playing around for a bit I managed to fix it, here is the soltion:-After ensuring that "SELECT @@SERVERNAME" is NOT NULL ensure that the '[MSdistributiondbs]' and '[MSdistpublishers] ' tables are NOT present in the msdb database. If the are remove then and use the code below to add them back. Once this is done the "Error 208:..." will disappear and you can proceed in setting up your replication.Good Luck :DUSE msdbGOCREATE TABLE [MSdistributiondbs] ([name] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[min_distretention] [int] NOT NULL ,[max_distretention] [int] NOT NULL ,[history_retention] [int] NOT NULL) ON [PRIMARY]GOCREATE TABLE [dbo].[MSdistpublishers] ([name] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[distribution_db] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[working_directory] [nvarchar] (255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ,[security_mode] [int] NOT NULL ,[login] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[password] [nvarchar] (524) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL ,[active] [bit] NOT NULL ,[trusted] [bit] NOT NULL ,[thirdparty_flag] [bit] NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY]GO

Good solution, this fixed my issue immediately.  Thank you so much..

• toheebbellob01 - Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:21 AM

starsthescqw - Monday, January 25, 2010 11:55 AM

Kumaran Govender (10/29/2008)

Hi Guys,I know that is is an old topic, but the net does not seem to come up with an easy solution. After playing around for a bit I managed to fix it, here is the soltion:-After ensuring that "SELECT @@SERVERNAME" is NOT NULL ensure that the '[MSdistributiondbs]' and '[MSdistpublishers] ' tables are NOT present in the msdb database. If the are remove then and use the code below to add them back. Once this is done the "Error 208:..." will disappear and you can proceed in setting up your replication.Good Luck :DUSE msdbGOCREATE TABLE [MSdistributiondbs] ([name] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[min_distretention] [int] NOT NULL ,[max_distretention] [int] NOT NULL ,[history_retention] [int] NOT NULL) ON [PRIMARY]GOCREATE TABLE [dbo].[MSdistpublishers] ([name] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[distribution_db] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[working_directory] [nvarchar] (255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ,[security_mode] [int] NOT NULL ,[login] [sysname] NOT NULL ,[password] [nvarchar] (524) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL ,[active] [bit] NOT NULL ,[trusted] [bit] NOT NULL ,[thirdparty_flag] [bit] NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY]GO

Good solution, this fixed my issue immediately.  Thank you so much..

Good to see my solution still helping 10 years after I posted it...

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply