Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

• I am getting the below error on sql 2008. can some one help me with this. This msg pops up every 1 min in the errorlog.

Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

Logon Login failed for user ''CORP\s-pspadmin'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database

but this login has permissions and he is the owner of the database

• Check if the user has access to master.

It's most likely a monitoring app or service that doesn't specify the 3rd party db in the connection string and then does use db or select db.dbo.table.

• Here is another case with the same Domain having the same problem. This is bad news. As per blog by MSDN, any error state higher than 18 might require help from CSS. Check this blog out.

-Roy

• how to check ... whether he has access to master or not

by using sp_helplogins or what

• ravishankar.yedoti (9/6/2011)

I am getting the below error on sql 2008. can some one help me with this. The domain account is a sysadmin on the server. This msg pops up every 1 min in the errorlog

Logon Login failed for user ''CORP\s-pspadmin'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database

his login is exist and he is the owner of the db

• Did you check the blog I posted?

-Roy

• ravishankar.yedoti (9/6/2011)

ravishankar.yedoti (9/6/2011)

I am getting the below error on sql 2008. can some one help me with this. The domain account is a sysadmin on the server. This msg pops up every 1 min in the errorlog

his login is exist and he is the owner of the db

Problem is in the connection string used by a client application.

Run Profiler to find the client IP and process id.

Then login to that client machine and the check the process id in Task Manager.

After you identified the client application, fix it.

BTW, are all the databases online?

Is any database removed recently?

• thanks a lot suresh, and can u give some more information on this issue

what event i need to select in profile. to trace this information

• Select events Error Log, Event Log under Errors and Warnings and Audit Login Failed under Security Audit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply