Enterprise Manager through VPN

• I am running a local copy of EM and trying to connect my SQL Servers from home.. I am able to ping the boxes when connect through our vpn but I cannot register the dataservers. "access denied"

Any ideas??

TIA,

Matt

• Connecting via NT Authentication or SQL Server logins? Sounds like you are getting to the servers via EM, so it doesn't sound like a ports issue.

K. Brian Kelley

bk@warpdrivedesign.org

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Definitely try it with a sql login before you spend too much time on troubleshooting.

Andy

• This may sound strange but I had a problem once trying to get enterprise manager to register a SQL server over the Internet. For some reason I decided to try to set up an ODBC connection to see if that connectivity would work and what do you know it did. Then for some reason the next time I went into EM and tried to register the server it magically worked. Don't ask me why, but you might try creating a ODBC connection and use the "Test Connection" button to see if you can talk to the server that way. If you cant you may want to check your network protocols and filtering.

• I am using a SQL login... 'sa'. I'll try the ODBC trick.

Thanks.

• silly mistake. Named Pipes vs. TCP/IP. All set.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply