email address of one or more recipients is not valid

• I have setup a subscription of an SRS report and when it runs, it is not

delivering the report to the users and I am getting the following error under

the Status of the Subscription tab of the actual Report within the SRS

website…

The e-mail address of one or more recipients is not valid.

I have double-checked all the emails and they look valid. Does anyone know

where I can view a more detailed description of this error as I do not see

anything in the event viewer of the SRS machine?

• I found this problem occurred when an alias was used for the the recipients email address.

I solved the problem by using an actual email address or by setting up a distribution group in active directory and using that.

• Hi

I don't know if you solved the problem. My problem was with the exchangeserver sending the mail. It was configured not to relay external, and resulted in the same errormessage.

/Michael

• Does anybody have any other solutions to this problem? i'm having this exact issue.

-I originally had an alias as the address, but have since changed it to my personal address and it is still not working.

-My server is set up to relay external.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

• This post is a little old, but I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this. SSRS (SQL2K5 SP2) is sending emails to multiple recipients. If even 1 of those recipients has a full inbox, the entire emailed report is rejected and returns with the error:

The e-mail address of one or more recipients is not valid.

It's pretty frustrating because our reports are emailed out to 5-10+ subscribers at a time. They will be sent out every day, no problems, and then as soon as one person doesn't empty their inbox, the entire email is rejected, and nobody gets the report.

I can send emails manually to those 5-10+ subscribers as a test, and everyone gets them except the person with the full inbox. But, for some reason SSRS will terminate the email if the SMTP server tells it that even 1 of the recipients isn't valid.

Any ideas?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply