DTSRun error

• I'm having trouble with executing a DTS package both as a job or by executing the package via DTS, I get the following error below. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I changed the owner of the package from me to the account that runs SQL Server (2 node Clustered server)

Executed as user: domain\svc_sqlserver. ...art: DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1, Error = -2147220482 (800403FE) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: Permission denied Error on Line 42 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147220482 (800403FE); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: Permission denied Error on Line 42 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 Error: -214722044... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

• It appears the permissions error is generated in the ActiveX Script task.  What is the task doing?  What connection is it using?

Greg

Greg

• Seems like you/agent dont have the rights to run the job. Assuming your dts job is ok (i.e. you can run it in enterprise manager), the activex script runs as the agent process ie with that processes permissions, this normally the local system account, if the script requires network privileges try running the agent as a domain account.

This is quite a common issue so I'd try looking at previous posts if this doesnt fix the problem.

Phil Nicholas

• I was able to resolve the issue by simply adding the DTS account which is sa as a local admin. and it worked. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply