DTS Transform Task to Change Collation

• I need to change the collation method of a database and every option I have tried to change it has failed save one.  If I use a transform data task in DTS then my data properly moves from the incorrect collation database to a new database with the correct collation.  However with 1,800 tables in the database I would prefer not to setup each transform task individually.  Does anyone know of a tool I can use to set all of the transformations up at once?  It is a straight copy of the data with no further calculations being done, only requirement is to turn of check constraints.

It should be noted that I cannot do a direct copy from the old database to the new database as it fails on the collate statement.  It has to be done via a transform data task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it would take about 17 hours to create all of the transform tasks by hand.

• You can code the easily use sql to generate the script and then modify to the needed collation and then fire the script against the target DB.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply