DTS package will not run as a job.

• I've created several DTS packages that:

-have a connection object to a dBase III file (on another server........I used UNC paths for everything).

-have a connection object to a SQL database.

-Use the transform task to take the records from the dBase III file and place them in tables in the SQL database.

If I execute these packages manually, they execute fine. I've checked the job owner to make sure it is a domain account with the proper permissions. I've verified the SQL Agent account for the server, which is also a domain account, has the proper permissions to everything.

When I attempt to run the job, I get almost nothing. The only thing that I have to go by is what is showing up in the SQL Server Agent Error Log which states:

[298] SQLServer Error: 14262, The specified @job_id ('611F55C0-DD5C-4D99-8B9D-4A28A25939C8') does not exist. [SQLSTATE 42000]

Also, the above error message only shows up in the SQL Server Agent Error Log intermittently. At any rate, I'm

stuck. I can't seem to get these DTS packages to run as jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Are you using ODBC to connect to the DBIII File? Make sure the ODBC connection resides on the SQL Server. When you execute DTS it runs off of your Client. When it is schedule it uses the Servers rescources. -JG

-JG

-JG

• The DTS package executes fine if launched manually from the server console. Therefore, I don't think it is a driver issue or the DTS package wouldn't run. I am not using ODBC to connect the the dBase III files. I am using the dBase connector object in DTS. Are there any other areas I should be looking at?

• Delete the job and resetup and see if it clears and make sure if this is a SQL 7 server you are not using the 2000 client to generate the job from the DTS package.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply