DTS Package failures

• I'm attempting to run a DTS package that simply copies objects from a production server to a dev server and the package keeps failing.  All I'm getting in the log is:

Step Error Source: Microsoft SQL-DMO

Step Error Description:[SQL-DMO]The Bulk Copy execution failed.

Step Error code: 80045707

Step Error Help File:SQLDMO80.hlp

Step Error Help Context ID:1131

I admit I'm still new to SQL Server but this information doesn't seem to be very helpful.  How can I find out what's really causing my package to fail?

• does the user account for sqlserver have access on the production server?

If it can't access the info the job would fail.

Are both servers set up using domain accounts, or local system accounts?

• I have access to the production server via windows authentication.  I was able to get 1 dts package to work, but this other one keeps failing.

Both servers are set up using domain accounts. 

• Have You checked the event viewer on both ends. Application log contains sql-server messages, also security and system logs should be looked into.

-j-

• The thing about it is the way the error message reads, it gives you message numbers and a help file name, which would indicate that there might be more verbosity in this .hlp file that would give me a clue what the problem is.  The problem is this file doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

• I'm finding the help file in

\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn

Not that it's much help.

Searching for Error 4507 just yields:

SQLDMO_E_BCPEXECFAILED0x5707Bulk copy operation failed. Returned by the ExportData or ImportData method.

• If you start the dts-copy by your self then you should have sufficient authority on both servers because the job uses your account and on the other hand if the copy is started by sql server agent as a job then also the account that the agent is running on must have enough authority on servers.

Have you also checked that on what ever account is used the account has sufficient privileges to all database tables as well as files on both servers.

Insufficient authority should be revealed easily in event viewer logs on either server the broblem occurs.

-j-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply