DTS job step fails on batch copy

• I have a DTS job running on SQLServer 7.0 on NT. In the final step it executes a batch file that copies files local to the sql server to a mapped network drive. The batch job uses the UNC path and the sql server agent account is a domain account. Still the copy of the files produces the following error:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

I can run the copy to another local drive and it works. I can run the batch job directly on the sql server box and it works. I can also access a batch job on the the same network drive, but still can't copy.

The directory permission has full control to everyone.

Thanks for any help.

• Ok, is this remote box on the same domain and have you put SQLAgent in account that has direct rights to the other box for logging in? If you are sure then log out of the desktop of the machine trying to send the data and log back in with the SQLAgent account to verify that it is working as should, then let us know what happens.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply