DTS Error Message

• I'm trying to run a DTS package that imports excel files. Some of them are working, the other ones aren't, I'm getting this error message..

The connection is currently being used by a task. The connection cannot be closed or reused.

HELP SOMEONE!!!

Thanks

• Are you redefining or trying to use the connection being refered to more than once. If so the consider using Precedence Constraints as they will allow you to control flow and you can have one item finish before the next item that needs to use the connection.

From BOL.

Precedence constraints sequentially link tasks in a package. In DTS, you can use three types of precedence constraints, which can be accessed either through DTS Designer or programmatically:

Unconditional.

If you want Task 2 to wait until Task 1 completes, regardless of the outcome, link Task 1 to Task 2 with an unconditional precedence constraint.

On Success.

If you want Task 2 to wait until Task 1 has successfully completed, link Task 1 to Task 2 with an On Success precedence constraint.

On Failure.

If you want Task 2 to begin execution only if Task 1 fails to execute successfully, link Task 1 to Task 2 with an On Failure precedence constraint. If you want to run an alternative branch of the workflow when an error is encountered, use this constraint.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply