DTS Designer crashes when trying to Export 200 fields to text file

• Hey everyone

Have had a look and not found this problem with others - i have seen plenty of errors regarding truncation and hotfixes for them, but not this one.

I have a table with 200 fields that i wish to export to a text file.

In DTS designer I specify my source (sql) and target (destination text) connections.

I then put a transform between them, setup my source fields, then go to destination.

I click Define Columns, then click Execute...and EM crashes then or when I click Define Columns again after nothing happened the first time.

The error msg says that MMC must close after instruction '0x4173d23a' referenced memory '0x01bf1e90'.  does it every time.

Hmmmmm.

Anyone seen this one before, and should I apply the 'Security' patches ?

Cheers

dan

• Hello Dan,

Apply SQL Security Patch SQL2000-KB815495-8.00.0818-ENU.exe.  This should fix your problem.  Please email me if you have trouble finding this patch on MS.

Gopal

• thanks for the prompt reply, but the app is about to go into UAT and I dont really want to have to explain to the IT guys that anyone wanting to change the package will need to upgrade the SQL install on the Server...

I got round it by using the wizard to do the export, saving as a package, then adding some dynamic properties and vbscript to it to tidy it up a bit.

painful, and havent seen this bug listed on microsoft ?

thanks again.

• I have encountered this same error today, but I do not have over 200 columns I only have 19. I do not know what the root cause can be, I do not think it is the amount of columns but what the columns are titled? Not Sure Anybody else encounter this problem?

-JG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply