DTS and Type Mismatch error

• Any solutions to the DTS and Type Mismatch error (MS KB ref: Q310473). Microsoft says that it is an error and you have to apply the latest Service Pack. But at the end of the KB article it mentioned it was corrected in SP2. BUT I HAVE SP2 applied???

Is it anything to do with global variables?

• Hi. You may also want to check the code page(collation) of your databases. For me SQL 2000 default code page is 437 but database that have migrated from SQL6.5 have a code page of 1. My DTS packages would not work until the code pages were the same.

• Can you run up another server without SP2 and trying opening the package?

Thanks

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thank you for your responses.

I found out from the SQLDTS.com site that this error was due to the Global Variable in the DTS package.

So using the Local Administrator account I deleted the Global Variable in the DTS pacakage. Then we logged in using the SQL server service account and lo and behold we could open the DTS package now. I then re-created the Global Variable.

• Believe it or not, today (november 2018) I had a similar issue and solved it thanks to this post.

I've migrated an old package from a server with SQL 2000 to another with the same version but different OS, when trying to open it for design the error was: "Package Error. Error Source : Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package. Error Description : Type mismatch.". Then I removed the global variables in the source, exported and imported the package again and everything went fine.

Source Server:
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86) May 3 2005 23:18:38 Copyright (c) 1988-2003
    Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Destination Server:
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86) May 3 2005 23:18:38 Copyright (c) 1988-2003
    Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply