Download and Install Visual Studio 2017 with SSIS

• Hi Forum,

I need to download, install and create SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017.

I'm able to download but couldn't find the option to create an SSIS package from the usual path of 'File' >> 'New' >> 'Project' >> 'Data Integration Services' because the 'Data Integration Services' option isn't there.

I've had a look at the options & found that there was a delay with SSIS on the Visual Studio 2017 application release.

Can anyone advise if the SSIS feature is available with the 2017 version and if so, where do I find it?

I've downloaded, configured & still can't find a suitable option to create a SSIS package.

Thanks

• from the documentation

Install Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services tools

To install AS, IS, and RS project support, run the SSDT standalone installer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssdt/download-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt?view=sql-server-2017#ssdt-for-vs-2017-standalone-installer

• SSIS has been available for a long time on VS2017. I would guess, as commented above, that you've downloaded VS, but not SSDT.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom - VS 2017 now has a Data tools options as part of its install  but unfortunately MS messed it up and the default SSDT VS 2017 setup only installs the Database option of SSDT. To install the other 3 it needs to be the manual SSDT install but it is not very clear for the default download page for SSDT.

As I mentioned above SSIS, AS and RS require the stand alone installer.

• Thanks frederico, I expected to see SSIS available without any extra files.

Appreciate your help.

• Thanks Thom, I thought I had done something wrong or had some compatibility issue.

All good now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply