Don't know the answer, can't form the question...and, besides, I'm a chicken (wearing a hat)

• Matt Miller (6/2/2008)

rbarryyoung (6/2/2008)

My query already assumes that. It only excludes men who do not match every desire of a woman. Extra CHARs have no effect.

Save yourself some time....we ALL know that the answer to that query will ALWAYS be Null.....:P

Yes, I am quite crestfallen that none of these women desired "Old, fat and ugly". 🙁

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I only copied part of the table...

• mark-o (6/2/2008)

I only copied part of the table...

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hope springs eternal![/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Thanks again all...rbarryyoung, you solution works great...if Iwanted to choose an "OR" type of statement in the selection criteria so that a WOMAN could choose ("tall" OR "medium height," but NOT "short") AND "dark" AND "handsome," how would I go about it? Any ideas?

• mark-o (6/2/2008)

Thanks again all...rbarryyoung, you solution works great...if Iwanted to choose an "OR" type of statement in the selection criteria so that a WOMAN could choose ("tall" OR "medium height," but NOT "short") AND "dark" AND "handsome," how would I go about it? Any ideas?

Well, OR's and NOT's are two very different things;

To implement OR, in the table "Women" add a "ConditionSet" field that offers alternative condition sets:

[font="Courier New"]

WOMAN ConditionSet DESIRED

Judy 1 Tall

Judy 1 Dark

Judy 1 Handsome

Judy 2 Medium Height

Judy 2 Dark

Judy 2 Handsome

Amy 1 Tall

Amy 1 Handsome

[/font]

To implement NOT's it would be better to have another table ("Unacceptablle") that has the columns "WOMAN" and "UNACCEPTABLE" to indicate unacceptable CHARs in a man. Add a "ConditionSet" column if you want to combine it with ORs also.

[/font]

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply