Do any airlines use SQL Server?

• Hello,

I am currently in a role that I can grow into being a SQL Server DBA. I do a slight possibility of switching over to Oracle, as well. Now, what I REALLY want to become, eventually, is to become a DBA for an airline. So my crux of my question is, do any airlines use SQL Server at al? Or is it all Oracle?

Thanks!

• I'm in the UK and I know of at least 1 airline that uses SQL Server and I'm sure that many others will do. I'm curious as to why you specifically want to be a DBA for an airline.

Thanks

• Quick web search. Yes.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• sorry i didn't know what to search for exactly.

and i want to be a DBA for an airline because i adore travel, ive worked for one before, and i will work for one again. i want to retire from an airline. im 25 and i think its still possible.

• Good luck. I don't blame you. A friend worked for one when I was growing up. They always got to go to cool places. I just searched for "sql server" and "american airlines". That was the second hit.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Thanks!

I'm obviously new to this specific career field. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where can I talk and meet with others who may know more about this, specifically at an airline? I assume there's meetups and usegroups. I live in Pittsburgh. Is there some sort of central organization that puts on this stuff?

• Jet Blue.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply