Deployment Problems

• HELP!

Can someone please help us from going bald pulling our hair out!

We have just installed SQL Reporting Services trial on windows 2000 Server SP4 and Visual Basic.Net 2003 Standard on a Windows 2000 SP desktop.

We can design the reports, we can preview the reports, we can't deploy the reports.  when we try it just simply hangs.  Entries are being created in the database, but I have a suspicion that it's down to privileges somewhere along the way.

Can anyone help, I know it sounds a bit vague, but any hints, tips, hair restorer will be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.

• Slight update, we've solved the deployment of reports problem.  It was down to creating a group on the server and adding all the programmers to it with the correct rights.

What we are now having severe problems with is the report manager.

We can deploy the reports and view them by creating a hyperlink on a web page to the report, or browsing the http://server/reportserver/ directory which then simply gives us an unelegant directory listing.

Can anyone give us any pointers as to how to get the report manager to work?  All we seem to be getting is timeouts when we try and access it.

• Solved it!

For some reason it was due to the anti-virus software being enabled when we installed the product.  Even disabling the anti-virus after the install didn't work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply