Deploying a report to multiple locations

• Is there an easy way to deploy the same report to more than one location?

We have a number of identical reports that are required to return different information under different circumstances without the user having to choose from a parameter and without the need to maintain any sort of UserName/FilterValue table.

We can then interrogate the Built In Field "Report Folder" to detemine our Filter value.

Regards

Colin

• You can probably do this a few ways, the easyist that I can think of would be to use "Linked Reports" in Report Manager and then in your SQL code to distinguish not the user folder, but the user accessing the report.

The Linked Reports will allow you to post the same report in multiple places without having to maintain multiple reports.

If you track the user running the report in the sql stored procedure, you get more flexibility because the system has that system value being tracked. I don't think the system tracks the folder the report is being run under.

Hope that helps,

Keith

• Thnks very much for this.

It more or less confirms the conclusion that I arrived at since I posted this question. We now define a pararmeter in each report (which represents the partof our organisation structure on which we want to report) which is passed to the Stored Procedure which does the correct data extraction.

The Reports and deployed to a central location, hidden form the users, and the users have access to Linked Versions of the reports with the correct parameter privided.

It works very well.

• Hi.

Please refer to the url below:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/bi.1111/b32122/orbr_howto007.htm

In my opinion, it maybe helpful to you.

Good luck!

becklery

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• This is a SSRS forum, not an "Oracle® Fusion Middleware Oracle Reports User's Guide to Building Reports 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)" forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply