Deployed SSIS Package Unable to Run

• Hi All

I have two SSIS Packages.

The first, takes in 3 variables as connection strings carries out a begin Audit to write down a row to an Audit table, carries out a data flow task from one database to another with a Row Count in the middle. This package errors when deployed with this error:

Error: To run a SSIS package outside of SQL Server Data Tools you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher.

I've noted that the Begin Audit step (an Execute SQL Task) completes successfully.

The second, takes in no variables but carries out an Execute SQL Task to truncate a table, and then a data flow between 2 tables in different databases. This package completes successfully.

Both are deployed to the same server, were developed in using the same version of SSDT and Visual Studio 2015. The SQL Server Version is 2016.

I feel like I'm missing something here, if one package is able to run why is the other fine?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  WoundedParrot.
  • Do you have SSIS instance on the instance? What deployment method are you using?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• They're both package deployment model.

I don't believe SSIS is installed, but then wouldn't I get the same error against both packages?

• If you're using Package Deployment (not project with SSISDB), then the error is very clear; you don't have SSIS installed on the destination instance. You need it install to use the msdb/file system deployment methods.

Personally, however, I recommend using SSISDB though. It's far better.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Normally I would agree with you, but I have 2 packages. One of them works, the other does not whereas they're both package deployment model, executed with dtexecui with File System as the package source.

Why would one work but the other does not?

• I've done some further digging, and it'll only complain when you make use of controls that are outside of copying data. So moving data with a source and destination if fine, multi casts, data conversions and the like are not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply