DAX how to rewrite this FILTER to CALCULATETABLE?

• Ahoi,

i have been starting to look into DAX and there is something i could not find an answer to somehow.

I am very new to DAX so im trying to understand the basics and have come across something bothers me.

How do i rewrite the following Query using CALCULATETABLE instead of FILTER?

EVALUATE 
    (
    (
    SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
    'Table'[ID],
    'Table'[BEZ],
    FILTER (
    'Table',
    'Table'[ID] = "Act"
    || 'Table'[BEZ] = "Plan"
    )
    )
    )
    )

It works with Filter accessing different columns in an or condition, but when i replace it with CALCULATETABLE i get an error because a true false check can only be done for one column. Using || OR with the same column works, different columns [ID][BEZ] does not.

How do i make this work, accessing different columns and OR?

The following works to filter based 2 different columns + CALCULATETABLE but its an AND condition and not an OR compared to the first query.

EVALUATE
    CALCULATETABLE(
    CALCULATETABLE(
    'Table',
    'Table'[ID] = "Act"
    ),
    'Table'[BEZ] = "Ist"
    )

• How about this?

CALCULATETABLE
    (
    'Table'
    , FILTER
    (
    'Table'
    , OR('Table'[ID] = "Act", 'Table'[BEZ] = "Ist")
    )
    )
  • Martin Schoombee wrote:

How about this?

CALCULATETABLE
    (
    'Table'
    , FILTER
    (
    'Table'
    , OR('Table'[ID] = "Act", 'Table'[BEZ] = "Ist")
    )
    )

thanks

Does that mean i can not achieve this by only using CALCULATETABLE?

Since that is basically just using the filter and adding it on top of the CALCULATETABLE instead of replacing it

The thing that originally bothered me so much was this:

in the query is posted, you cant replace filter with CALCULATETABLE, unless you change to select only ID or only BEZ

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  ktflash.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  ktflash.
  • Yes.

My understanding is that CALCULATETABLE(), because of the syntax and the fact that it allows you to provide multiple filters that will be applied in an "AND" fashion, will not allow you to use an "OR" (or equivalent) filter predicate. The workaround is use FILTER() as it will allow you to do that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply