DATEADD ignoring DATEPART

• Can someone tell me why my statements are adding days instead of weekdays? The returns on all of the variables and subselects are int, I have tried several different options all of which parse and run but add day including Sat and Sun. I have tried month and year as well to test but still adding 'days' only

set @sh_act_rfi_date = (select DATEADD(dw, (select sh_act_rfi_days from sh_procurement_days), @date_approved));

set @sh_plan_rfi_date = (select DATEADD (dw, @sh_act_rfi_days, @date_approved));

set @sh_act_bid_list_app_date = (select DATEADD (dw,(select sh_act_bid_list_app_days from sh_procurement_days), @sh_act_rfi_date));

set @sh_act_proposal_issue_date = (select DATEADD (dw,SUM(@sh_act_bid_list_app_days+@sh_act_rfi_days+@sh_act_proposal_issue_days), @date_approved));

Thank you!

• kimberlyphillips01 (5/22/2011)

Can someone tell me why my statements are adding days instead of weekdays? The returns on all of the variables and subselects are int, I have tried several different options all of which parse and run but add day including Sat and Sun. I have tried month and year as well to test but still adding 'days' only

set @sh_act_rfi_date = (select DATEADD(dw, (select sh_act_rfi_days from sh_procurement_days), @date_approved));

set @sh_plan_rfi_date = (select DATEADD (dw, @sh_act_rfi_days, @date_approved));

set @sh_act_bid_list_app_date = (select DATEADD (dw,(select sh_act_bid_list_app_days from sh_procurement_days), @sh_act_rfi_date));

set @sh_act_proposal_issue_date = (select DATEADD (dw,SUM(@sh_act_bid_list_app_days+@sh_act_rfi_days+@sh_act_proposal_issue_days), @date_approved));

Thank you!

dw,dayofyear, and day return the same value. If I understand your objective correctly, you were trying to add #of business days instead of #of days. The following might help to achieve your goal:

select @sh_act_rfi_date = DATEADD(day,CONVERT(INT,sh_act_rfi_days/5)*7 + sh_act_rfi_days%5, @date_approved) from sh_procurement_days

• Thank you for the reply, I greatly appreciate it. Your solution parses and executes but returns no date at all. any additional ideas?

• kimberlyphillips01 (5/22/2011)

Thank you for the reply, I greatly appreciate it. Your solution parses and executes but returns no date at all. any additional ideas?

Please check your statement can actually return a sh_act_rfi_days value before doing the calculation. I suspect it's a problem with the sh_act_rfi_days value. You may try replace the variables with some static figures and test the results.

• This is my set statement on the rfi days, it is as basic as it gets and works adding all days perfectly.

set @sh_act_rfi_days = (select sh_act_rfi_days from sh_procurement_days);

Maybe I am not inserting your solution correctly. I tried it several ways including alone but I need to set the variable and came up with the following

set @sh_act_rfi_date = (select DATEADD(day,CONVERT(INT,sh_act_rfi_days/5)*7 + sh_act_rfi_days%5, @date_approved) from sh_procurement_days);

Thanks again for the help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply