Database Status Shutdown,Normal

• Hi

I have sql server 2008 server with 2 databases whinc are on mirroring.DB Name A & B

Tivoli backup is avaiable on this server Fully And Log backup.Now Log backup is not working for Datbase B.When I checked the database properties I am able to see Status as Shutdown,Normal.Database A is OK.

I am able to take sql native log backup.If I am removing option TRUNCATE=Yes for the database B it is working fine.

For database A status is "Normal" and tivoli log backup is working fine

I am able to access data and mirroring also working fine.

What is this status "Shutdown,Normal".Anybody can help ?

• Now I found one more thing.

When I checked sys.databases I found that is_cleanly_shutdown column showing value 1

How I can make it to 0 ?

restart of SQL Server will resolve ?

• I hit the issue the other day. In my case I moved a database from a SQL 2000 server to a SQL 2008 server. I noticed that my new database had the same message for the status. If you look at the options of the database you will find that you have auto-close set to true. Remove this value and it will now show the proper status.

• Team,

I am also facing the same issue in database mirroring. Below is the information on my database

1) Status of Principal database is shwong Shutdown, Normal.

2) Value of is_cleanly_shutdown is mentioned as "1" in sys.databases table of master database.

3) Value of status 1 is (1073807360) & status 2 (1627389952) in sys.databases of Principal database

4) Database mirroring is healthly. Log backup is been executing perectly also.

Currently we are in change frezze till 17th Sep. After change frezee, we are planning to do manual failover of mirroring and see the result.

Till the time, can anybody suggest any other thing which can help in this case.

• Shutdown just means that SQL has cleanly closed the database down. Usually because Auto_close is enabled and no one's using the DB.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hello Gila,

Auto_close is not on. Value of the is_auto_close_on is "0" in sys.databases column of master database for the principal database.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply