Database shows wrong tables in Management Studio

• Using SQLServer 2005 SP2, I have two databases (say DB1 and DB2). Occasionally (once or twice a week) using management studio, I'll browse (in the object browser) to the tables in DB2, and the list will show the tables in DB1. I stop and restart the SQL Server and this seems to temporarily fix the problem.

What is getting corrupted? I don't know what to look for or what to check? Any ideas?

Thank you,

Rob

• Are these databases detached/attached? Or are they dropped and then created using T-SQL?

Management Studio will not follow these changes, but you could just refresh the object explorer (Rightclick on the Databases node, and click refresh)

Regards,

Andras

Andras Belokosztolszki, MCPD, PhD
    GoldenGate Software

• Both databases are attached and live. I can exit & restart management studio, I can refresh the object browser in MS and refresh the table list, but DB2 still shows DB1's tables.

• FYI:

The problem seems to have been a bad UPS that the SAN for the SQL Server was attached to. Once the UPS was fixed (battery replaced), we've not had the power flicker problems hitting SAN. I can't explain it, but we've not had the problem since.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply