database server alone for system with user interface?

• i want to use MSSQL server as my database for my proposed system.

what other software can i use to support it to generate a user interface, which will connect it to the data stored in my database?

• Any development platform really ...

Web apps (.asp, .net, etc.)

Desktop (.net, vb, java, access)

What are you trying to do?

Mohit.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• desktop.

i'm planning to do a system, that will first register a person's information (on the reception area) using the touch screen technology, for example, a billing procedure. wherein, other departments of the company could access the data of the persona for modification, etc.

• Probably then a central server running SQL Server with desktop apps connection to the SQL Server.

Choice of lanugage then comes down to what you are comfortable with :). Thanks.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• You can use just about anything you want to create the User Interface. In fact the UI should be totally independent of the db so that you can have multiple applications on various devices using the same db.

• thank you for your replies...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply