Database patching on SQL server 2014 reporting services

• We have SQL server installed and it is up to date with respect to patching. Recently, we have installed reporting service on the same default instance. Please let me know how we can patch reporting services only.

When I tried to apply SP3, I can see the whole instance along with database engine is getting selected. Please advice how to exclude database engine and include reporting services only.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ryan
    //All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them//

• When you select each individual component it should detail that the patch for piece except SSRS is installed, so while the whole thing is selected it will apply the update to the SSRS component.

Now what I don't know is if the installer will restart the actual SQL service, I expect not as it's not being patched, but there is no way to just say patch SSRS

• Ant-Green wrote:

When you select each individual component it should detail that the patch for piece except SSRS is installed, so while the whole thing is selected it will apply the update to the SSRS component.

Now what I don't know is if the installer will restart the actual SQL service, I expect not as it's not being patched, but there is no way to just say patch SSRS

Thank you very much!! Very useful advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply