Data type Question

• VARCHAR2 (4000 Byte) in oracle

What can be used in sql server 2008r2

VARCHAR(4000)?

• From MSDN:

varchar [ ( n | max ) ]

Variable-length, non-Unicode string data. n defines the string length and can be a value from 1 through 8,000. max indicates that the maximum storage size is 2^31-1 bytes (2 GB). The storage size is the actual length of the data entered + 2 bytes. The ISO synonyms for varchar are char varying or character varying.

---------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minimal capacity for rational thought to see that the corporate 'free press' is a structurally irrational and biased, and extremely violent, system of elite propaganda.
    David Edwards - Media lens[/url]

Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.
    Howard Zinn

• Another query

I have data type NUMBER(10) What i can use in Sql

• We support an app that connects to either SQL or Oracle as well, and trip over the which-data-types-are-equivalent questions as well;

for your second question,

NUMBER(10) = int

this is my go to resource for my data type questions:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/gateways.102/b14270/apa.htm

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply