Custom data flow component..

• Hi all.

I am very new to SSIS custom data flow components...

I have to build a data flow destination custom component , that will be used to map columns of a particular table....

Actually the requirement is that we have a table that is used as a destination in several packages and we have to map it again and again...now we want to have a component that just takes the connection manager and maps all the columns of that table...

Is there anything like this that can be build in SSIS...?

Any help is appreciated...

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• This might help you.

Your description is a little terse, but I get the gist. No matter how many times you have to map the columns of the table you are referring to, I still suspect that it will take less time than developing a custom component 🙂

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil has suggested a great resource!!

Just out my sheer curiosity...what custom ability you desire to add?:-)

Raunak J

• Phil Thanks for your suggestion,I really like it and prefer it too, but still I have to develop a script for this, as this is assigned to me.

Is it so diificult to build a custom task...

@Raunak

My requirement:

requirement is to build a custom destination adapter, to map a particular tables column that is used again and again in my packages....

The task should accept a connection manager and just map columns of the table required...

The initial requirement is this but can extend in future by adding certain transformation codes to it...as its repeated steps in all the packages..

hope its clear..

I did find some detination adapters in this link but not sure where to look for the sample code...

pasting the link as its very useful one http://ssisctc.codeplex.com/

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Developing custom data flow component is not pretty. May I ask you how would you know which columns are mapped to which destination table columns? Are you going to have a special control table with metadata? Perhaps there might be another solution available.

Another question can you elaborate in what data flows you want to use this component? Is it straight transfer or you have different transformations preceding this destination table?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply