Cubes disappeared in Analysis Manager

• Need some help here...

I have 3 cubes in a one database that have "disappeared" from Analysis Manager. I can still get to the cubes using Comshare and the Excel pivot table tool. When I try to look at the cubes using Analysis Manager, I get an error message "Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another". I search microsoft.com and got one hit. It indicates a bug trying to cut and paste cubes from 7.0 to 8.0. I was not cut/pasting the cubes. Nothing has been modified other than the nightly incremental load. These cubes have been running in production for a few weeks with no problems. I use DTS to load the cubes. I got this error message in the log which doesn't make sense:

Step 'DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_5' failed

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Step Error Description:The specified printer driver is currently in use.

(ADODB.Field (80004005): Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.)

Step Error code: 800A0BB9

Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp

Step Error Help Context ID:0

Any help would be appreciated...

Skip Gallagher

Quest Industries, Inc.

(501) 685-4546

Skip Gallagher
    Quest Industries, Inc.
    (479) 366-0789

• This is a long shot. Have you migrated your OLAP Repository from it's .mdb file to a SQL Server DB. If so sometimes the Server table becomes empty and this can stop you being able to see the cubes, especially in relation to trying to process them.

This is what we have in our Server table

<SERVER RepositoryVersion="9" ProcessingLogFileName="\\NTServer42\E$\Logs\Olap\Processing.log"><CUSTOMPROPERTIES></CUSTOMPROPERTIES></SERVER>. Obviously you would need to change the ProcessingLogFileName to something on your server.

• Dave,

Thanks for your suggestion. It was not the exact solution but it helped me find the problem. A row in the repository database that defined one of the cubes was corrupted. This was causing all three to not show up in the database although I could still browse data in the shared dimensions. I deleted the corrupted row from the MS Access repository and lo and behold the other two cubes showed back up in the Analysis Manager. I restored the cube that got deleted and everything is back to normal. I do not how the data was corrupted in the database but that is why you do BACKUPS!

Thanks for your help.

Skip Gallagher

Quest Industries, Inc.

(501) 685-4546

Skip Gallagher
    Quest Industries, Inc.
    (479) 366-0789

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply