Critique - What is this cache and how did it get so big?

• This was the abstract as selected for SQL Sat 63. Going to submit to PASS for the fall. Thoughts please?

Ever wonder what's in your SQL Plan cache? Wonder why or how it got so big? This session will cover what it is, how it's used, how it can affect performance and how poor application and query design can make it worse. Rather than put participants to sleep with a slide deck we will get down and dirty with lots of demos.

• Scalability Doug (4/5/2011)

This was the abstract as selected for SQL Sat 63. Going to submit to PASS for the fall. Thoughts please?

Ever wonder what's in your SQL Plan cache? Wonder why or how it got so big? This session will cover what it is, how it's used, how it can affect performance and how poor application and query design can make it worse. Rather than put participants to sleep with a slide deck we will get down and dirty with lots of demos.

The one thing I'd do to change this abstract is replace several of the "it" words in the second& third sentence. Reinforce what you're talking about. Other than that, I like it. Define a problem. Tell me about your session. Give me a take away. I'm happy with that much.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Flesh the abstract out. You need more detail on what's in, what we'll learn to submit to Pass.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply