Create SQL Server Agent Job; SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition

• Here is the error i receive when trying to save the new job...

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SimpleObjectKey' to type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobObjectKey'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobCollection.GetObjectByKey(ObjectKeyBase key)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SimpleObjectCollectionBase.Contains(String name)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobData.JobExists(String jobName)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobData.ApplyChanges()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobPropertySheet.DoPreProcessExecution(RunType runType, ExecutionMode& executionResult)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.DoPreProcessExecutionAndRunViews(RunType runType)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.ExecuteForSql(PreProcessExecutionInfo executionInfo, ExecutionMode& executionResult)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.IExecutionAwareSqlControlCollection.PreProcessExecution(PreProcessExecutionInfo executionInfo, ExecutionMode& executionResult)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.ViewSwitcherControlsManager.RunNow(RunType runType, Object sender)

Any help appreciated.

Dave

• Have you tried repairing your client tools install?

• Try repairing and if it doesnt work for you, only solution is to reinstall(dont forget to backup your databases ;))

• I get the exact same problem, I have two instances of SQL server on one windows 2000 server operating system. Could it be because of that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply