Create a template and checklist for performing a SQL security audit.

• Hello,

I am trying to create a template and checklist to performa a SQL audit that includes configuration settings and login permissions. Whould be able to help me out on this how to do? Thanks

• Are you just trying to get a list of all the logins and their permissions? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Hello GSquared:

I am trying to get a list of all the logins ( including SQL Logins, and windows logins) and their permisions on each database and the configuration settings ( service login permissions).

Hope you understand now.

Thanks,

• Hello GSquared:

I am trying to get a list of all the logins (including SQL Logins, and windows logins) and their permisions on each database and the configuration settings ( service login permissions) on the instance level or in other words access to the server itself.

Hope you understand now.

Thanks,

• Start by looking at the system view master.sys.syslogins. That'll give you most of what you need. You can expand it from there if you need further data.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply