Copying database failed

• Dear Experts

I tried to copy db from server to server by sa user ( sql login) but this error raised and the copy failed

Executed as user: NT Service\SQLSERVERAGENT. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 11.0.2100.60 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Started: 9:55:24 AM Progress: 2015-05-11 09:55:24.45 Source: 10_32_0_201_10_32_0_202_Transfer Objects Task Task just started the execution.: 0% complete End Progress Error: 2015-05-11 09:56:31.87 Code: 0x00000000 Source: 10_32_0_201_10_32_0_202_Transfer Objects Task Description: An error occurred while transferring data. See the inner exception for details. StackTrace: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Transfer.TransferData() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.TransferObjectsTask.TransferObjectsTask.TransferDatabasesUsingSMOTransfer() InnerException-->Invalid object name 'dbo.MostOrderedGenerics'. StackTrace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Transfer.ExecuteStatements(SqlConnection destinationConnection, IEnumerable`1 statements, SqlTransaction transaction) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Transfer.TransferData() End Error Progress: 2015-05-11 09:56:32.14 Source: 10_32_0_201_10_32_0_202_Transfer Objects Task Database transfer failed for 1 database(s).: 0% complete End Progress Progress: 2015-05-11 09:56:32.14 Source: 10_32_0_201_10_32_0_202_Transfer Objects Task Transfer objects finished execution.: 100% complete End Progress Warning: 2015-05-11 09:56:32.14 Code: 0x80019002 Source: CDW_NEH-DB2-SRV_DBSRV01_2 Description: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors. End Warning DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 9:55:24 AM Finished: 9:56:32 AM Elapsed: 67.892 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

any help, thanks

• Is there anything special about

dbo.MostOrderedGenerics

?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for replying

I searched inside the database about any object by this name but I didnt find anything

inside views and tables

any help

• Are you using the Copy Database wizard?

Why not use backup/restore instead?

Try looking for that text in all objects in the database using SQL Search[/url]

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Use backup/restore to copy a database from one server to another. Far easier and far less prone to fail than the copy database wizard

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Some procedure or view or something in the database is referencing the MostFavoredGenerics, but it's gone, so when you script out the objects and try to recreate it, it's failing. You need to find the object referencing this and fix it in order to use scripts to move the database around.

I'm with everyone else, why not use backup and restore?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Dear Experts

Thanks for replying

I just want to schedule and automate this process without any intervention

some one advised me to use setting called MAX ERROR, but I couldnt find it where in management studio.

Thank you very much

• zi (6/22/2015)

Dear Experts

Thanks for replying

I just want to schedule and automate this process without any intervention

some one advised me to use setting called MAX ERROR, but I couldnt find it where in management studio.

Thank you very much

Please tell us your reasons for shunning the BACKUP/RESTORE suggestions.

• The shunning reason is unknowing how to transfer the backup file from server to another server then restore it automatically , kindly tell me how if you mind

what about the MAX Error option

Thanks lot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply