Convert RTF data

• Hello:

Yeah I did install the service pack. Kindly check the links from which I installed VB 6.0 and the service pack, maybe I did install the wrong ones:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192461 (installed the file named: vbrun60.exe)

AND

I installed the Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 under the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7b9ba261-7a9c-43e7-9117-f673077ffb3c&displaylang=en

Is there any newer SP?

Help is much appreciated.

Regards.

• try this sp:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9EF9BF70-DFE1-42A1-A4C8-39718C7E381D&displaylang=en

Also when I tried on my 2005 server, I first got the following error:

"Msg 15281, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.sp_OACreate' of component 'Ole Automation Procedures' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Ole Automation Procedures' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'Ole Automation Procedures', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online. "

so I had to go to the "SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration" (under configuration tools in all programs/sql server 2005), select Surface Area Configuration for Features and Enabled OLE Automation, I am pretty sure you would have done this, but just checking. After doing this your example worked perfectly with the result "aaa".

• Hello:

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. I installed the service pack under the link you provided on my machine, but no improvement. One thing to note is that I only have on my machine the client tools of the SQL Server, the server tools are installed on a shared dataserver, should I install those service packs there?? I checked the property you asked me about (related to enabling OLE Automation) and it is enabled on the server.

Any suggestion to check if the steps I have done are working properly in order to be able to narrow down the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

• do these files exist on the machine ur trying to run the function on:

RICHTEXT.SRG

RICHTX32.DEP

RICHTX32.oca

??

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• oh, didn't realize that. VB and sp needs to be installed on the server, not the client, remember that the code executes on the server and only the result is returned to the client, so install the controls (vb6) and sp on the shared data server, this should certainly work.

• Hello:

I noticed this, and tried to install the service pack on the server, but it failed. Note that we only have the SQL Server 2005 installed on the server, no visual studio is installed there. It gave me an error (Visual Studio 6 Serice Pack 6 was not completed successfully) when tried to run the service pack, even though I did run the "vbrun60.exe" file before installing the service pack. What else do I have to install on the server for the service pack to work?

Thanks again.

Rgds.

• Just install vb 6.0, then the service pack on the server, and then uninstall vb (if licencing is an issue or if you are not supposed to install developer tools on the server like in my case), this always worked for me (may have to reboot after the install).

I have spent days just tring to register the RichText control without installing VB by just using regsvr32 but was never successful. Also tried putting just teh richtext control on a vb form, creating a setup package and installing on the server and this didn't work either.

• Hello:

I want to thank you for your time. But Unforunately the service pack didnt work on the server. I installed the vb 6.0, then restarted the server and tried to install the service pack, I got back the error. It seems this service pack doesn't work on Microsoft Server 2003 which is the OS on which the SQL Server 2005 is installed. Any other clue?

In any event, thanks a lot for your efforts.

Rgds.

• Hello:

Where to locate those files? And if I want to install them manually without having to install any service pack (because we have SQL Server 2005 on Windows server 2003) that might not work on this OS? And if one can install those files manually, how and from where to get them and where to place them?

Thanks again for all.

Rgds.

• For the OS SP, go to Windows Update. That should detect and supply anything missing.

• On the client pc where you installed vb and the sp, you will find those in c:\windows\system32 directory. Copy all rich*.* files to the same directory on the server and then do a "regsvr32 richtx32.ocx" from a command window on the server and see if that helps.

Also does the server have .net framework installed, I think installing the framework will also work instead of installing vb.

• Hello:

Thanks a lot for all the efforts. I tried your solution and copied the following 3 files: riched20.dll, riched32.dll, and richtx32.ocx which I found locally to Windows/System32 and ran the registration and got a successful message, but still unable to make it work. When I try to use the richtextctrl, I get a negative returned int which means that I am not being able to create the object.

Thanks again. Will keep on trying till I am able to make work.

Rgds.

• I just used the package and deployment wizard on a vb6 project that only had a richtext object on it;

this is a list of all the dll's the wizard selected for deploymnet....this is the list of items you'd need to copy and regsvr32 on your server to avoid having to install vb6:

asycfilt.dll

COMCAT.DLL

msvbvm60.dll

oleaut32.dll

olepro32.dll

RICHED32.DLL

stdole2.tlb

VB6STKIT.DLL

some would already be in place in system32.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hello:

In fact the files you listed do exist on the server, but with a different size than the ones found locally, should I replace them?

The only missing file (both locally and on the windows server 2003 machine) is the one called: VB6STKIT.DLL. I downloaded this file from the internet (I am not sure it's a safe .dll) but when I tried to register it, I got an error:

"VB6STKIT.DLL was loaded but the SllRegisterServer entry point was not found. VB6STKIT.DLL does not appear to be a .Dll or an .ocx file".

Am I missing something?

Note that my aim is to be able to use the RichtextCtrl under the SQL Server 2005 to be able to convert from rtf to plain text.

Regards.

• Please change to RichText.RichtextCtrl To RichText.RichTextCtrl.1

You can also have @in variable as varchar(max) and return as varchar(max) it runs fine. But when change @out to varchar(8000) to varchar(max) it is giving null value. Please let me knwo if somebody find the solution for this.

Thanks

Rajiv Dutta

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply