convert regex to string in sql server

• Hi Am using sql server management studio 2014. Am struck in getting the below expected output.

• May I ask why you need to do this? Seems like an unusual requirement.

I haven't tested this, but I think that the output is also of limited use (because the stuff in brackets is generally mandatory, so the output would not match the expression).

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• we got this data from a sharepoint source and need to get the specific value from column A regular expression..

• It's not easy! You might have to use a proper REGEX parser to get this working properly.

But it may help others if you take the time to provide your data in the form of CREATE TABLE / INSERT scripts.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Why have you posted this in SQL 2017 when it's for SQL 2014? What do you mean by getting struck? Did you mean stuck? What are you trying to do? Is it just converting the "Reg ex value" string into the output string? If so, have you tried using the REPLACE function, something like this?

SELECT T.C, 
    REPLACE(
    REPLACE(
    REPLACE(
    REPLACE(
    REPLACE(T.C,'[A-Z0-9]+','')
    ,'|',',')
    ,'(?i)^?=','')
    ,')[A-Z0-9]{1,15}$','')
    ,'^(?=','')
    FROM (values ('(?i)^?=CAFS[A-Z0-9]+|CNAC[A-Z0-9]+|C528[A-Z0-9]+)[A-Z0-9]{1,15}$'),
    ('^(?=C624[A-Z0-9]+|C624[A-Z0-9]+)[A-Z0-9]{1,15}$')
    ) T(C)

• I took this from https://regex101.com/:

2019-11-15_09-11-19

The point being that the string which you are extracting does not even match the expression from which it was extracted. How can this be of use?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply