Continuous Integration with SQL

• Hi guys! I am CM professional and want to get some guide from you.

We are Using Tortoise Subversion 1.7.1 as client and Visual SVN Server on Server End. Our Application is .ASP classic type and using SQL Server on the backend. It is simply when a developer commit in SVN ; the pages of ASP get deployed on server at location.

We have placed our DB scripts/SPs in SVN.

Is it possible when we commit in SVN ; like pages ; SPs and Scripts gets deploy on the SQL server's DB.

PS: Let me be more specific.

SVN Structure:

1)DDL Scripts ---- Deploy on DB1 on SQL Server

2)SPs -------------Deploy on DB2 on SQL Server

3)Specific Scripts---Deploy on DB3 on SQL Server

Pls share.

Thanks in advance.

• That would really be more of a Subversion question than a SQL Server question. There is no reason that it would be impossible to deploy to SQL Server through such a tool, but I have no idea if your package has any such support.

└> bt

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Did you get this up and running? If so, I'd be interested to know what your setup is.

If you have Red Gate tools, such as SQL Source Control and/or SQL Compare, I can point you to resources that will allow you to perform database continuous integration.

David

• I think it's possible using db projects in TFS - not sure about SVN though - i would imagine there would be some way of doing it - failing that there are good third party tools like already mentioned.

[font="Times New Roman"]There's no kill switch on awesome![/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply