Connection problems to SQL Server Central site

• Hello ,

Since several days ( but mainly today and yesterday about the same hour as this topic has been created that's to say between 9:00 and 11:00 AM Paris time ) , I has been unable to connect to the site of SQLServerCentral.com. Only today , I have seen a message explaining that you were having problems with your site.

Firstly , thank you very much for the message about your problems. It has been useful for me as it avoided to try to connect every 15 minutes as I was thinking that I am getting problems with my Internet ( it was not the good explanation when I tried to connect to the MSDN/TechNet forums with no problems ).

I would ask a maybe stupid question so I hope you will excuse me for this useless topic.

SQL Server Central is based in Toronto ( but I don't know where WordPress who is managing your site )and I think that the Toronto time is earlier with 5 hours around compared with the Paris time. I am often connecting to your site around 7:00/8:00 AM Paris time up to midnight.

Please , could you tell me whether you have maintenance time on your site and if yes , usually the average start time and duration ( Paris time or your local time ) to avoid to connect at a time when I could have connection problems ?

I would avoid to annoy you with my connection problems.

I hope that you will not be annoyed by my question.

Have a nice day.

PS : I know that I have a poor written English ( my spoken English is worst ) and I hope that you will accept beforehand my sincere excuses.

• The servers are the UK, not Toronto, it's not a wordpress site either. They don't have regularly scheduled maintenance daily. Something probably broke today.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hello,

The site underwent some maintenance this morning, which would have meant it was unavailable for periods between around 9.00am and 10.15am GMT. This was due to an upgrade on the SQL cluster which houses the SSC databases.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Gail is correct - the site is not a WordPress site, and is based in the UK. Also maintenance is not something which happens on a daily schedule.

Simon

• Hello Gila ,

Thank you for your quick reply which gives me some logical explanations.

Have a nice day.

PS : Have a nice Christmas day ( I have forgotten )

• Hello Simon ,

Thanks for your quick and full explanations.

I appreciate too much the site of SQL Server Central to be disturbed by my connection problems especially that they seem to have disappeared.

The next time , if you forget to send your apologizes , don't be sorry , I will understand . I prefer an explanation especially that you have replied more quickly as I was expecting.

Have a nice day and a good Christmas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply