Connecting to SSIS instance with different original server name

• Hi,
    I am trying to  connect  to a  SSIS server  with a different  host name, have anyone tryied this configuration ????, it is working with the original name perfectly but when I try to connect using an alternative name appears an "Access Denied"  message. I have tried using a domain account, re-starting SSIS Instance, adding members to the local dcom group, changing dcom security access and restarting SSIS instance, I have added SQL Server alias, but nothing has worked.
    Thanks  a lot for your ideas

• luismarinaray - Friday, June 8, 2018 9:00 AM

Hi,
    I am trying to  connect  to a  SSIS server  with a different  host name, have anyone tryied this configuration ????, it is working with the original name perfectly but when I try to connect using an alternative name appears an "Access Denied"  message. I have tried using a domain account, re-starting SSIS Instance, adding members to the local dcom group, changing dcom security access and restarting SSIS instance, I have added SQL Server alias, but nothing has worked.

What are you connecting from?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks SSC Guru,

I'm trying using  SQL  Management  Sutdio. Also I have used cliconfg.exe for 64 and 32 bits version

Thanks again

• luismarinaray - Friday, June 8, 2018 9:12 AM

Thanks SSC Guru,

I'm trying using  SQL  Management  Sutdio. Also I have used cliconfg.exe for 64 and 32 bits version

Thanks again

Does the connection work OK if you are physically logged into the target server?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks SSC Guru,
    Only works  if I  try  with the  original host name
    Thanks again

• And yes, it works if I am physically logged to the target server

• luismarinaray - Friday, June 8, 2018 9:00 AM

Hi,

When you say you want to connect to an SSIS server "with a different host name", what, exactly, do you mean by that?   I'm not sure I understand what "a different host name" means in the context you provided.   Also; how, exactly, are you trying to do so?   Please outline the exact sequence of steps you are taking....

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Hi,
    Thanks for your response, I am trying to connect using an Alias name.
    I have been trying  to connect using Manangement Studio directly to the SSIS console, via remote connection.
    If I connect via SSMS, to a remote integration services, normally it connects to the server name where it has been installed, as a default configuration.
    Later,  if I want to  use  an  alias name  via  DNS of the same host server, I got an access denied message.
    Hope , I have explained  myself.
    Thanks very much

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply