Concept:Simultaneous Fired stored Procedure.

• I am curious how does SQL Server handle simultaneous calls to the same stored procedures.For example I have a stored procedure GetResults which is simulatneously fired by 1000 clients then how will the server handle this.Will it wait for the first one to complete execution send results back and then fire another or it will see to it that all 1000 clients are given separate processes of the stored procedure and the results returned with no delay.Thanks for all the help.

• They should all execute independently, assuming that running one doesn't cause another to be blocked by locking of the data. Not impossible, but I think 1000 at once would be pretty rare - and might generate a pretty big usage spike.

Andy

• The stored procedure is executed simultaneously and independently, and they doesnt block each other locking of the data.

• Are you saying that there can be NO blocking with simultaneous execution of the same sp?

• patilds,

I'm a little confused by your statement as well. I would think that there could be a blocking issue.

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@agfirst.com

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply