Column name gets change in source table SSIS issu

• Hi All,

I am facing some serious issue with SSIS package.

In My project, I am having one DFT where the source is table and target is a table.

there is another process which dumps the data from excel to stage table every month, and finally, I have to load data from that monthly table to target table

but the problem is, they frequently change the some of the column name in the source file and same thing happening with staging table. In that case, my SSIS package gets failed.

Now the requirement is to manage these things without the dynamic stored procedure.

below is the screenshot of target and source table structure.

I am desperately looking for this solutiion, thanks in advance.

• vipin_jha123 - Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Hi All,

In My project, I am having one DFT where the source is table and target is a table.

there is another process which dumps the data from excel to stage table every month, and finally, I have to load data from that monthly table to target table

but the problem is, they frequently change the some of the column name in the source file and same thing happening with staging table. In that case, my SSIS package gets failed.

Now the requirement is to manage these things without the dynamic stored procedure.

OK. But what is your question?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• vipin_jha123 - Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Hi All,

Best solution, establish a standard and require that it be used.  I did that at a previous employer as I could not see modifying SSIS (or DTS at the time) packages every time files needed to be imported.  It was unnecessary work on my part and having a standard for the files also made it easier those creating the files. Headers are headers, they shouldn't change.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply