Collect SQL Server/Process Information - Quickly

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Collect SQL Server/Process Information - Quickly

Rudy

• Hi have one question, the scrip cannot be execute because I my SQL Server 2008 I don't have the table sys.dm_os_performance_counters

Is this table generate by another process?

• Hello,

No this table is not generated and actually it's not a table but a view. I haven't looked for it in SQL 2008 but check Books On Line (BOL) and see if MS has changed the name, removed it or uses a different view to collect the information.

Sorry that I don't have the answer just yet.

Thanks,

Ruidy

Rudy

• Hello again,

Just ran the complete script on a SQL 2008 with SP1 and there was no problem with that DMV. You should check to see if you have permission to the views.

That's all I can thing of right now.

Rudy

Rudy

• quick question: when do the numbers get reset, on a stop/start of Sql Server? or a reboot of the machine?

• All I get is commands completed successfully.

• where do you have your "Query Results" pointing to???

• The results are display on the screen once you execute the stored procedure.

Thanks,

Rudy

Rudy

• Query results to Grid.

• @Rudy: Sorry, but I can't find an answer to my question above, in BOL.

When do the numbers get reset, on a stop/start of Sql Server? or a reboot of the machine?

thanks, Bill.

• thorkw (4/21/2011)

@Rudy: Sorry, but I can't find an answer to my question above, in BOL.

When do the numbers get reset, on a stop/start of Sql Server? or a reboot of the machine?

thanks, Bill.

Bill, once you restart the SQL server services or reboot the server the numbers will be reset. You can also reset them with certain DMV. Not sure which ones will do that (off the top of my head). You can just google it. Also, you could go to http://www.sqlskill.com as Paul Randal will have the answer.

I will have a look and post them later.

Thanks,

Rudy

Rudy

• Thanks for the script.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply